Pages

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Piper Reviewing:


I’d Tell You I Love You, But Then I’d Have To Kill You (Gallagher Girls Series)

Cammie Morgan is a student at the Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women, a fairly typical all-girls school-that is, if every school taught advanced martial arts in PE and the latest in chemical warfare in science, and students received extra credit for breaking CIA codes in computer class. The Gallagher Academy might claim to be a school for geniuses but it's really a school for spies.
Even though Cammie is fluent in fourteen languages and capable of killing a man in seven different ways, she has no idea what to do when she meets an ordinary boy who thinks she's an ordinary girl. Sure, she can tap his phone, hack into his computer, or track him through town with the skill of a real "pavement artist"-but can she maneuver a relationship with someone who can never know the truth about her?
Cammie Morgan may be an elite spy-in-training, but in her sophomore year, she's on her most dangerous mission-falling in love.

Pipers Review:  Yes, I am like Cammie Morgan in a LOT of ways, more ways than I have ever been like a book character before, yet I am ALSO not like her in so many ways.  And, the ways I am not like her, are ways I TOTALLY WISH I was!!  Cammie Morgan, also known as the Chameleon, is definitely everything I have EVER wanted to be.  Was I not just saying in the Ranger’s Apprentice review that there is a part in every person that wants to be a spy?  And, if most of you don’t know, I really meant there is a part in myself that would truly one day love to be a Covert Operative.  Yes I know probably not what you expected me to say at ALL!  However, I like to surprise people.  Anyways, I am totally getting off subject here…..the point is that if I could choose one book character that has a life I wish I could lead, I would easily choose Cammie Morgan’s life!  If they ever make these books into a movie or TV series, I would jump, crawl, fly, drive (though I’m not yet legal too), swim, fall, (ok I think you get the point now) at the chance to play her! 

Now putting my dramatic side away and start acting like a civilized person and stop fangirling over this book, I’m going to review it now. 
I think there are three types of books.  1. The type that you don’t like so it did nothing for you, 2. The type where if it is written good and descriptive you visualize the entire book in your head as if you were watching it on TV.  Then there is the third type.  (3.) The type where it is so extremely well written and good that instead of watching it in your head it’s more like you are living it.  Like you are the main character experiencing everything the actual main character is, and every emotion the character feels you feel it rushing through you penetrating your whole body.  Let me just tell you now, this book is number Three.  It is very rare that a book turns out to be number three.  Now of course it doesn’t mean that I don’t like books that are explanation number 2, but when you have a book that is so good and descriptive that it feels like you are the main character….well those are the books I prize most.  I think this is a lot on perspective too.  Books that I think were more of explanation 3 others might disagree.  That is just the way things are.  I just wanted everybody to sort of understand how brilliant I think I’d Tell You I love you, But Then I’d Have To Kill You, is. 

My favorite characters were definitely The Operatives (what Cam, Liz, Bex and Macey call themselves).  I think they represent exactly how groups of teenage girls go about things.  In fact, they rather remind me of me and my friends (not that my friends and I do those things…).  Honestly though, I loved every character!  Every character in the book is a person I could relate to in real life.  Besides The Operatives, I think my favorite characters are Mr. Mosckowitz and dreamy boy Josh.  Yes, I admit it, I am completely head over heals for Josh.  He is the teenage sweetheart that every girl wishes she were lucky enough to have!  IN ADDITION, HE IS A BOOK CHARACTER!  I think it speaks a lot about me that I have crushes on book boys and not real boys!  My life is so weird..haha!  However, that’s what happens when you read about boys like Josh.  Since I mentioned earlier that this is a book where it feels like I am the main character going through all this stuff you can probably guess that I was HEART BROKEN at the end of this book!  Nevertheless, I will not say any more on the subject.  I have another book to read from this series and my friend over at peaceloveandfangirl has already informed me that there is another boy in the second one that is actually my type of guy (not that I believe her).  At first going into the book, I didn’t like Macey even when girls started to like her.  I just felt a little uneasy about her and that might be because in real life my guard would also be up around that type of person.  However, I grew to love her and now I feel like we are best friends ;).  I like Rachel Morgan (Cams mom) but I felt that she could have been there for Cammie a bit more.  I wasn’t quite sure why she let things get so far so that in the end Cam was more hurt than she would have been if her mom had talked to her.  Though I think maybe over the series the relationship between them will grow and I will enjoy experiencing it.  On the other hand, I absolutely think  Mr. Solomon and Rachel Morgan’s relationship was TOTALLY INAPROPRIATE AND DISGUSTING, in a totally weirded out teenager way.  But hey I am a teenager so I can am aloud to think the relationship was just ugh.  Haha.  Now I would like to focus a little on Bex and Liz.  I LOVED them and I think they’re totally great friends!  Though I thought it was a little weird that they weren’t more mad at Cam for ditching them to hang with Josh.  Now I would have been mad at them if they were mad since they were the ones who got Cam into him.  But I think if it were real life I would have been concerned if they weren’t more mad.  If you think about it, you might get what I’m saying….and if not….oh well. 

I also want to point out that for the whole book I was a bit suspicious that Cammie’s mom and Mr. Solomon knew about Josh and about Cammie’s sneaking out.  Because every class Mr. Solomon taught seemed to revolve around what Cammie was going to do the next time she snuck out or did some “Mission”.  I’m not sure if that was on purpose or I just am crazy.  Lol.  Not that there was anything wrong with it I just wasn’t sure if I was supposed to notice that or not.  Now my review on this book has gotten to be about 6 long paragraphs I think I will say goodbye for now.  I have to go read the next one anyways!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Email Me