Pages

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Sci-Fi Sunday

This weeks’ pick is Frank Herbert’s’
Dune
 



Arrakis-Dune-Desert Planet

  “I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

Dune is THE Sci-Fi novel!  First, to create an epic, expansive, universal, extreme, saga, Dune, is the inspiration behind every Sci-fi adventure that has come after it.  This book is hard to describe because it is so complex and so dense, but it is told in such a perfect and brilliant way.  Winning the first ever Nebula Award, Dune is the greatest story in all of Science Fiction. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Email Me