Pages

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Feeling kind of lost. Like I've got nothing to live for anymore


United We Spy
 

Cammie Morgan has lost her father and her memory, but in the heart-pounding conclusion to the best-selling Gallagher Girls series, she finds her greatest mission yet. Cammie and her friends finally know why the terrorist organization called the Circle of Cavan has been hunting her. Now the spy girls and Zach must track down the Circle's elite members to stop them before they implement a master plan that will change Cammie-and her country-forever.

Get ready for the Gallagher Girls' most astounding adventure yet as Ally Carter's New York Times best-selling series comes to breathtaking conclusion that will have readers racing to the last page.

 

Review:  I got the book last weekend on Sunday.  I have read it 3 times all the way through (I probably would have read it more if I had not given it to my best friend to read).  This series reminds me a lot of Harry Potter.  Boarding school, secrecy, adventure, action, cool teachers, and friends that are like your family.  Both are wonderful series that I find myself rereading and rereading all the time!  I never really thought I would find a book series as great as Harry Potter.  But I have to say, the Gallagher Girl series as taken the spot of my favorite books in the world!  Though I still love you Harry!  Lol!  I really couldn’t tell you why I love these books so much!  My best friend, Lydia, started the series two weeks ago, and finished last night.  She called me…..crying.  But I didn’t make fun or anything!  Because I totally get it!  Though I’m not a crier and I didn’t cry finishing the last pages of United We Spy, I still understood it!  We talked for a long time about how amazing it is!  How sad, how brilliant, how crazy, how everything it was!  Ally Carter had never failed to write an outstanding novel!  And I don’t think she is ever capable of writing a bad one!  She grasped my attention in each Gallagher Girl book and didn’t fail with the last one!  However, I kind of wanted to kill her after reading it!  Haha!  But I also wanted to give her a great big hug!  She has created characters that are so much more than just book characters.  She fashioned a whole world that is my everyday inspiration.  I read a chapter in one of the books every night.  I honestly can’t figure out how Ally did it!  But she has ladies (and gentlemen if you’re from Blackthorne)!  I don’t want it to end.  The thought of Cammie, Zach, Macey, Bex, Liz, Abby, Rachel, Joe, and Townsend, being over, it’s a gut sinking feeling.  Like my heart has stopped, I can’t breathe, and I just lost all hope in happiness.  Truly, I am not exaggerating!  I really hope that somehow, someway Ally has a way to continue their world in any way!  Writing the books in Zach’s point of view is what I’m hoping for honestly!  I don’t think she could do that with any other character, only Zach.  Of course making the books into movies would be AWESOME!  But, like I said, I compare these little bundles of pure awesomeness to Harry Potter.  And the Harry Potter films are like a once in a lifetime deal.  Nobody really takes the time to put something like that together (or hasn’t yet).  Don’t get me wrong!  If they did what the crew in Harry Potter did, the films would be just as good!  But I don’t think they will take the time.  They’d have to find actors and actresses that are new to it all.  Nobody knows them, but they are still really good!  They have to be perfect matches (though it shouldn’t be hard, because like in Harry Potter they’re just normal teenagers, and that’s who they would need to get).  But a few big names to play a lot of the adults.  They’d also need to build the Gallagher Academy just as it’s described!  It would be hard.  But if they did it, if they made Cam’s world into a movie and did all the right steps, oh my God it be the best thing ever! 

 

So as you might have noticed these books is basically my life.  They’re what I think about in the day, what I dream about at night, and what I read before I go to sleep. 

Now, on to reviewing United We Spy.  I’m totally not sure how to do that though.  I want to just talk about everything, but I don’t want to spoil anything!  Haha!  Well let me just say this: United We Spy was the perfect ending.  But not perfect.  You will hate it!  But you will never have been so happy!  In one chapter, you will stop breathing, smile till your cheeks hurt, your heart will stop, rise into your throat, drop into your stomach, want to shoot someone, want to hug anyone, cry softly, and then…….want to start all over.  I loved the surprises!  Especially because this is one of the only books I’ve never guessed anything right!  Also everything was totally a surprise that I hadn’t already figured out.  I’m still trying to figure out the theme.  Because I know these books are supposed to be for you to laugh and have fun, but my next step (once I get it back) is to analyze it.  I loved seeing where all the relationships went to.  I loved Zach (like usual).  I loved everything.  And I hated……..reading the last page.  I hate that it might be officially over.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Email Me