Pages

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Review of The Liberator by Victoria Scott


The Liberator

By: Victoria Scott

 

 

Overview

 

Dante has a shiny new cuff wrapped around his ankle, and he doesn’t like that mess one bit. His new accessory comes straight from Big Guy himself and marks the former demon as a liberator. Despite his gritty past and bad boy ways, Dante Walker has been granted a second chance.

When Dante is given his first mission as a liberator to save the soul of seventeen-year-old Aspen, he knows he’s got this. But Aspen reminds him of the rebellious life he used to live and is making it difficult to resist sinful temptations. Though Dante is committed to living clean for his girlfriend Charlie, this dude’s been a playboy for far too long…and old demons die hard.

With Charlie becoming the girl she was never able to be pre-makeover and Aspen showing him how delicious it feels to embrace his inner beast, Dante will have to go somewhere he never thought he’d return to in order to accomplish the impossible: save the girl he’s been assigned to, and keep the girl he loves.

 

Review:  I wasn’t a big fan of Dante Walker himself when reading The Collector.  I thought he was rude and way to stuck up.  In The Collector my favorite characters were Charlie, and Red.  Both characters are funny, and bring their own quirk to the story!  Not, The Liberator.  This is something SO much different!  Dante had me wanting more and more of him!  His character matured a lot more in the second novel and he was more vulnerable and sensitive.  But he ALSO NEVER lost his swag.  I was so jealous of Charlie.  Haha!  We are introduced to the Aspen in The Liberator.  I LOVE HER!  I especially loved the relationship Dante and Aspen formed.  First going into it, I was kind of worried he might fall for her.  Instead, Victoria surprised me by giving them more of a brother + sister feel.  It was something special; I think Dante really needed to make his character.  Aspen is strong mentally and physically!  She totally KICKS BUTT!  Though, she sometimes acts like she doesn’t care, her past always keeps her tight and ready to fight for her loved ones. 

The story took me up and down so much, I felt like I was on a rollercoaster.  This, personally I think is a good thing!  I NEVER knew what to expect!  That is saying something; I have the annoying ability to see things through!  The only thing I saw coming was who Kraven crushed on.  But enough said there ;) the plot was written perfectly.  The way Victoria designed Hell, well let’s just say it scared the fuck out of me!  But also made me want Dante more!  Victoria’s description of Hell really puts into perspective the tragedy and horror Dante has gone through, and you a horrible gut feeling throughout the chapters that involve the journey in Hell.  I don’t think I have ever thought about what I imagine Hell to be like.  Or even Heaven.  So reading Victoria’s portrayal really opened my eyes to the terror it brings, and how scared of it we should all be.  Creating those feelings, Victoria then leads us through Hell, and with that feeling I had, it made the story more real. 

The book really took me up and down and is filled with EVERYTHING!  From excitement, to dread, to hope, to laughter, to crying, to bliss, to sorrow.  There was action, witticism, tragedy, terror, and love, all packed into this one novel!  I loved it!  Tori did a WONDERFUL job!  I literally have gone back to read my favorite parts six times!  I CAN’T WAIT FOR THE WARRIOR TO COME OUT!  I must try to talk Tori into giving me an early copy because I feel like there is an empty hole in me!  The ending of The Liberator was just TOO MUCH!  Total cliffhanger!  Tori loves to torture me!  I NEED the last one!  NOW!  Haha!  I definitely recommend everyone to read these books!  Tori herself is awesome and I LOVE chatting with her! 

I rate this book:  5/5 cups of coffee!  :D Love you Tori! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Email Me