Pages

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

E.M. Havens Dark Night of the Soul BLOG TOUR


Interview with Author:
 
1.  What inspired you to write Dark Night of the Soul?

“That’s a hard question. I’m really not sure. I think most writers are thinkers, and one day I was just thinking and the story started forming. Once I figured out the basics of the plot I got really excited and wanted to share this encouraging story with everyone!”

 

2.  Are there any events or characters in the novel that you took from your own life?

“The first chapter was derived from experiences I had as a teen. I never attempted to commit suicide, but I did struggle with depression and suicidal thoughts. A few of the other circumstances in the book have happened to people I know. But no, I have not died and spent any time in Purgatory.”

3.  How did you go about creating the characters?

“Like all of my characters, I give them an entire life. I write sort of a time line or outline for my own reference. I think this is important to how they start out in the novel and how they grow throughout. I also know what kind of person I want them to become and create the story around them to push them there. Several of the characters in DNOTS required a lot of research too. I had to look into several centuries, countries, and societies so that I could make sure they stayed true to their pasts as well.”

4.  What part of Dark Night of the Soul was your favorite to write?

“The ending, by far, was the best part of the book to write. My family thought I was crazy when I ran around the house screaming “Yes” when I wrote the final line. It was one of those perfect moments when it all comes together.”

5.  When did you first start writing?

“I’ve always been a writer, but I mainly focused on poetry and lyrics. I started seriously writing novels a little over a year and a half ago and Dark Night of the Soul is my second published worked.”

6.  What is your favorite past time?

“Sleep. No really though, I’m a pretty low key person. I love spending time with family, friends and my animals just hanging out and enjoying each other’s company.”

7.  If you could give any advice to your fans, what would it be?

“Simplify. Stuff and activity will never make you happy. Whittle it all down to what is really important then focus on that, even if it means doing with less.”

I rate Dark Night of the Soul 5/5 cups of coffee

2 comments:

Email Me